It’s been a frustrating 24 hours for Dave and Jayme.
The headwind, though slight was just too much to battle against, so rather than expend too much energy for not much reward, the pair decided to stop rowing and put out the para-anchor. Dave reckons it’s good that they’ve travelled 1.5 M – he’s choosing to ignore the fact that it was covered in a loop configuration so didn’t result in much forward progress.
A little further south or east and they would be in a much better position but as it stands, it doesn’t look like conditions will improve much until much later today, although they’re going to lift the anchor and have another go this morning.
I spoke to Dave just now and they are in good spirits. A couple of days ago, they were thinking how good it would be to be able to take a break, but when that break came the only thing they want to do is row. Looking on the bright side Dave said that he intends to get his money’s worth out of this experience by making it last as long as possible.
Check out the excellent updates on Atlantic Campaign’s facebook page https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcampaigns